The “Return to Turtle Island” project and the Earth Medicine Lodge is an ancestral educational community and retreat that is based completely on the concept of ancestral and indigenous ways.
Turtle Island is the original name of North America according to many indigenous Native American tribes.
Discover ancestral teachings, healing, and ceremony.
The “Return to Turtle Island” project and the Earth Medicine Lodge is a community-based organization designed specifically for those wanting to learn more about how the ancestral natives lived. The community is free of electricity, electronics, drugs, and alcohol. Our ideal clients are young adults yet open to all.
It’s a safe place to heal from the fast world and learn the old ways of North America, a concept that returns back to a time before European settlers arrived. The idea now is to embrace all as one tribe and teach others how to live in balance with each other and all life within the earth.
It is Rebekah’s dream, vision, purpose, and mission to create this at this time. She has felt a deep calling for many years and knows the time is now.
Why now? The world has fallen out of balance. There are many things that have caused this and it all started not too long ago.
Current status of this project: Searching for property
Location: To be announced
Facilities will include:
- Main office/ only building with solar power. This is where all electronics will be kept. Limited access
- A few small structures for guests to stay for their retreat that include a bed, bathtub, compostable toilet, wood stove. All heat and cooking will be done on this stove.
- Indoor community room
- Outdoor community area with grill and fire pit
- Quiet room/library/meditation
- Healing Rooms
- Two Moons Lodge (main house)
- Animal Barn/Horse corral and stables, goats, chickens
- Medicine Wheel
- Ceremonial Teepee
YOU CAN HELP!
Are you interested in supporting this project? There are many ways you can help!
- Donate funds, land, physical help, or any other service you can offer
- Contact us to learn how you can help